My client based in Northwich Cheshire, is looking for an experienced warehouse supervisor to join and manage an AM shift overseeing all their warehouse activities. You will be required to ensure efficient processes, and maximize warehouse productivity. The warehouse supervisor’s responsibilities include supervising employees, coordinating logistical processes, ensuring the quality of goods, and preparing relevant documentation.
Warehouse Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Supervising warehouse staff and daily warehouse activities.
- Managing, evaluating and reporting on warehouse productivity.
- Tracking and coordinating the receipt, storage, and timely delivery of goods.
- Maintaining records, reporting relevant information, and preparing any necessary documentation.
- Ensuring basic maintenance standards and compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Performing a daily inspection of the warehouse grounds.
- Communicating and coordinating with other departments and customers.
Your daily tasks would be but not limited to:
- Responsible for controlling, loading and despatching delivery vehicles each morning. Ensuring all goods loaded and dealing with any problems.
- Managing the inbound process working closely with the depot manager and shift manager
- Maintain stock integrity by constantly checking locations, report any damages and dealing with any anomalies.
- Supervise the morning team and be point of contact in shift manager absence.
- Ensure correct handover is given to the PM shift.
- Maintain a clean and efficient warehouse at all times.
- Repot and deal with any accidents whilst on shift.
- Be proactive in the implementation continuous improvement projects.
- Ensure a high accuracy, reporting and actioning errors in order to find root causes.
- Ensure health & safety is maintained for the site on a daily basis.
- Report and deal with any accidents whilst on shift.
- Conduct performance reviews and implement action plans to improve.
- Unloading and loading of trunks containing palletised and handball stock.
- Be able to step up and cover shift manager annual leave
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Ability to motivate and lead the morning shift team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Capable of handling heavy/bulky items
- Previous experience as a warehouse team leader / supervisor or a similar management position preferred
- Strong working knowledge of warehouse operations and management
- Time management skills and the ability to delegate
- Excellent leadership and organisational skills
- Knowledge of using warehouse management systems, using emails and spreadsheets
- Proven problem-solving skills
Qualifications required for this role:
- GCSE English and maths or equivalent preferred but not essential