Absolute Recruitment has an opportunity to work with a well-established logistics company based in the North West of England. They are offering an excellent opportunity for experienced Transport Planning Assistant to join their busy logistics team.
Management of all process providing efficient and effective planning for all customer deliveries.
- Assist to create daily delivery plans ensuring routing is efficient and plans are achievable in line with all transport legislation and customer SLA’s.
- Assist customers by ensuring all deliveries are booked in following any special instructions.
- Minimise empty running ensuring you optimise your network to achieve maximum fleet utilization.
- Plan driver resource ensuring holidays are sickness are covered working with driver support agencies working closely with compliance.
- Ensure all relevant documentation and communications are complete.
- Provide route / delivery manifests in a timely fashion ensuring the Warehouse achieve out-loading times.
- Ensure manifests are always in run order with all relevant delivery information always stated.
- Maintain open dialogue with internal departments to co-ordinate customer responses and to improve performance and productivity.
- Support company pallet network ensuring all network deliveries are executed and administration kept accurate and up to date.
- Manage co-ordinate and administer delivery and collection instructions to transport partners. Includes working directly with 3rd party contractors and arranging transport where required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good communication skills and of a friendly disposition
- Effective planning skills and knowledge of routing (UK)
- Good knowledge and experience of Microsoft programs including, Navision, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Understanding of HGV compliance and VOSA regulations
- Accurate and efficient in processing data
- Ability to manage multiple demands
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Strong team ethic and willingness to involve in cross functional teams
- Ability to work independently
All candidates also must have their own transport!
Working hours are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Please contact Keilahn on 01270 509266