||Senior Healthcare Assistant
|| £10 PER HOUR
|Type of contract
||Senior Health Care Assistant
Absolute Health & Care is a well-established local market leader in the supply of nurses, senior carers, support workers and care assistants across Cheshire, Shropshire and Staffordshire.
Our client based in Market Drayton, provide exceptional care ina Georgian country home built in three and a half acres of grounds surrounded by mature parkland.
They cater for residential, residential dementia, nursing, physical disability and Substance misuse in a stimulating, beautiful environment. They are seeking to welcome a new Health Care Assistant to the team, to work a mixture of 2 x 12 hr Nights per week, on a temp to perm basis. There is the opportunity to work additional hours as/if required.
We are recruiting for Senior Health care Assistants with paid Healthcare experience who are kind, caring, compassionate and empathetic, and who have a genuine desire to help and care for those who are unable to look after themselves without support.
You will supervise a team of carers and take a prominent and proactive role within the home. You will be responsible for the complete care planning for all residents.
You will need to:
- Provide Support to residents in a respectful manner to enable them to become as independent as possible.
- Assist residents who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and toileting.
- Assist in promoting mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- Make and change beds; tidy rooms and do light cleaning.
- Serve meals; assist residents at meal times if required
- Answer emergency bells, the door and the telephone; greet visitors.
- Read and write reports in case notes.
- Communicate with patients, relatives and carers.
If you feel enthused by this job role please follow the link to apply online. If you would like to find out more about this job or any of our other health care opportunities, Please call 01270 213 710
Absolute Health & Care operates as both an Employment Agency & an Employment Business offering temporary and permanent employment opportunities. We value diversity and welcome applications from across our communities.
- Have an NVQ LVL 2 or above
- Have at least 1 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Have a caring and compassionate attitude
- Be able to commit to regular (flexible) hours
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Complete a satisfactory DBS check
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Use initiative and display a person-centred approach in all aspects of care