Our Client is the UK & global market leader in Consumer Laundry products, and offer premium branded products to a broad target group we hold some of the most iconic brands within the industry. Our success is built on a consistent innovation pipeline, true customer partnerships and leading category management.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join our team as an Interim Senior Brand Manager for 4-6 months, reporting to the Head of Brand Marketing, growing strategically important area of the business, managing a Brand Manager and an Apprentice.
The key challenges will include:
Brilliant Brand Management
- Drive brand growth to outperform the market & further strengthen our brands by understanding our competition very well & developing strategic initiatives such as NPD launches and ATL/BTL promotional campaigns cross-functionally.
- Translate brand and consumer insights using market data, consumer research into annual brand plans, in alignment with the overall company priorities and with clear challenges to overcome, objectives, strategies & measures.
- Lead key elements of brand planning, range management & marketing mix, ensuring that initiatives are profitable, competitive and in line with the company overall growth plan.
- Plan, develop/adapt & lead the implementation of communication activities, working with external agencies & the Global teams. Ensure consistency of messages throughout the different consumer touch points.
- Core products & New products – Liaison with Global teams on a regular basis with regards to assigned brands and NPDs, regular communication with our Product Development team, identification of our end-consumer insights, careful strategic planning all to bring new products to the UK market and drive our growth agenda.
- Lead the ongoing analysis and understanding of the brand performance in market, putting plans in place to maximise it and ensure targets are met. Evaluate the activities including tracking and brand metrics.
- Project management to ensure successful launches, monitoring targets, leading cross-functional teams in the UK, ensuring insights are used and shared across the business to drive good decision making.
- Day to day management of media, PR, and design agencies
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of brand P&L’s and forecast commitments, including Marketing budget management.
- Bring the brands to life internally.
Championing Team Collaboration
- Lead & work with cross-functional team work to develop creative solutions and drive change to deliver increased consumer value across the marketing mix.
- Championing the assignment brands to the Sales & category teams, supporting with sell-in presentations and support materials. Where appropriate accompanying them to buyer meetings.
- Lead your team in showing no ceiling to ambition, continuous learning & development to deliver annual targets, and support them in the translation of the strategy into specific brand initiatives to maximise opportunities.
- Establish and maintain strong, influential and sustainable relationships at a senior level in key customers to support growth plans and initiatives
- Create and foster a dynamic team environment.
- Excel in cross-functional working with departments including Sales, Category, Business Controlling & Operations, Product Development and Global teams.
- Live and breathe our values as a senior example to the wider team, with the strength and commitment to hold yourself, team and colleagues to account against them.
- Degree Educated or equivalent level of education preferred
- Able to demonstrate substantial experience in building brand plans & product marketing with a commercially oriented FMCG company
- Strategic thinker with high level of commercial & business acumen
- Experience with P&L responsibility, budget planning and management, strong understanding profitability levers.
- Strong analytical skills including using consumer insights (EPOS, GfK, Mintel)
- Demonstrated leadership skills (with previous people management experience) and potential to develop to more senior roles
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills with the ability to network and establish productive business relationships cross-functionally, inside, across and outside of the organisation.
- Excellent communicator & influencer with strong presentation skills
- Will be expected to deliver against Leadership commitments.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Fully conversant with MS Office.