As Project Engineer you will be the primary technical point of contact for the customer and will ensure projects are completed according to the agreed customer timescales, quality and commercial requirements, and technical specification.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Owning and managing the technical aspects of projects delivering a variety of products and services.
- Ensuring robust project lifecycle and quality plans are prepared, enforced and updated.
- Ensuring all project deliverables are produced on time.
- Supporting and working with the client and Project Managers to ensure Change Control is maintained throughout the project. Capturing and monitoring project risks and issued, maintaining the relevant logs.
- Participating in and chairing progress meetings.
- Liaising with client departments to progress design, manufacture, FAT and implementation.
- Progressing approval of RAMS identification, agreeing site access time and ensuring permit requirements are met.
- Leading site works, taking responsibility for the technical, time, cost and quality aspects of a project.
Key skills and experience required:
- HND/Degree or equivalent or significant experience in an engineering discipline is essential
- Clear understanding of safe working practices in or around hazardous areas
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Leadership experience
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of process control principles
- Ability to multi-task
- Broad working knowledge base across EC&I, Mechanical, Process, Chemical engineering – keen to engage with other disciplines to enhance own knowledge
The role will largely be based on site in Stone, however the successful candidate will be required to visit client sites which could include overnights stays.
Own transport required due to office location.
Hours of work: Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm