An exciting opportunity for maternity cover has arisen for you to join as a National Account Manager, managing one of our top retail customers. The role itself will be to optimise and drive net sales, and profitability for our Beauty Care range.
This role will suit a go-getting, deal making superstar who is fantastic at building long lasting business relationships who is a credible force within retail.
The key challenges will include:
To produce & update monthly rolling annual volume and spend forecasts by sku and by designated accounts
- To develop, agree and execute an annual Joint Business Plan with accounts to deliver the required business growth and internal stretch plan
- To produce annual Commercial account plans by account, linked to Commercial / Brand Plans, that document general account information & trading performance, as well as SMART objectives across colour, care, styling, oral & body categories
- To produce Monthly Report & Quarterly Review presentations.
- To maximise the breadth & depth of distribution of company products in line with Commercial account plan targets in designated accounts.
- To continually audit the distribution of Health and Beauty Care and competitor products within the account, and to be fully aware of any distribution changes that could affect business performance and / or availability.
- To deliver against ‘shelf excellence’ targets.
- To achieve net sales & profit targets as agreed with line management
- To operate within agreed budget levels controlling all elements of trade spend investment
- To evaluate all promotional activity to ensure achievement of financial promo objectives.
- To proactively work to achieve all objectives defined in the Commercial account plan
- To establish positive & proactive relationships / joint working practices with the designated customers through effective cross functional networking.
- To keep customers and all key contacts within accounts informed of all Marketing & Brand activities.
- Demonstrable success in National Account management roles (Retail experience is preferred)
- Proven track record in achieving success in major negotiations with major national accounts
- Fully conversant with the principals of brand marketing, category management, & supply chain management.
- A strategic thinker, with strengths in planning and forecasting
- Fully experienced in all aspects of P & L management.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), & presentation skills