Due to continual growth within our support services our client is currently looking to recruit 4 Mental Health Support Workers based in Crewe.
The client is staffed 2:1 at all times and will live on their own. Our client has a forensic past, with mental health & learning difficulties. Our client has no physical/personal care needs, they are extremely engaging and have great capacity.
As a Support Worker you are entrusted and required to provide the highest standard of quality care
to all individuals supported by our client, by respecting and upholding their rights, choice,
privacy and dignity. It is your duty to ensure all our individuals are empowered to be as independent
as possible, therefore being able to discharge your assigned duties effectively.
Some tasks may not be specified below, but you are required to comply with the care plan located in
the individual’s home that gives a detailed description of care to be provided.
HOURS OF WORK: 42 Hours per week, 12 hour shifts. 4 shifts week one, 3 shifts week 2.
PAY: £9.75 / Hr (Days) £10.00 / Hr (Nights)
• Providing emotional support to individuals
• Providing practical support for individuals, such as helping with household tasks and
• Supporting and monitoring their healthcare needs, including administering medication and
• Supporting them to pursue hobbies and interests.
• Supporting the learning of new skills or gaining employment.
• Teaching life skills, such as budgeting and paying bills.
• Helping with everyday tasks such as meal preparation.
• Helping them to access community facilities and be included in community groups.
• Understanding their communication needs and adapting your communication to each
individual, e.g. sounds, tones, body language.
• Working with other professionals, such as doctors and therapists, to ensure consistency of
• Analysing an individual’s and assisting with the ongoing updating of a focused support plan.
• Becoming both a role model and companion to the individual and uncovering shared
interests, such as hobbies and outings.
• Working to care/support & positive behavioural plans effectively which will include
managing behavioural needs effectively.
• Always conduct yourself in a professional manner.
• Ensure the safety and security of our individuals is maintained at all times.
• Complete daily paperwork (both paper and electronic) accurately specifying all duties
• Report and record changes in care and incidents to your line manager
• Wear appropriate PPE as advised by line manager.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES• Experience of care/support within the social care sector.
• Display a caring, compassionate, and empathic nature.
• Good understanding of English both verbal and written skills.
• Honest, trustworthy and polite.
• Excellent time keeping.
• Reliable, committed and responsible.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to follow instructions.
• Ability to cope under pressure.
• Ability to remain calm and composed when faced with challenging situations.
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
• Ability to deal with behaviours that may challenge.
• Willing to undergo relevant training to enhance your knowledge and practice and attend all
• Undergo an Enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure.
• Prepared to work evening and weekends.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
• NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care or above.
• Experience of working with people with a learning difficulty and/or mental health need.
• 2+ years’ experience working within the Social Care sector.
Share this Job