My Crewe-based client is looking for an experienced Electrical Maintenance Technician to work in a temporary (ongoing) assignment across 3 shift rotation.
• ONC Elec engineering
• City and guilds 2382-15 18th edition wiring regulations.
• Fanuc, Siemen’s training
• FLT Operator
• MEWP Operator.
• EPHPT Operator.
• Crane Operator.
• Working at height
• IOSH working Safely
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager and working across a variety of shifts, the maintenance technician (electrical) is responsible for ensuring maximum availability of production equipment using planned, preventative maintenance techniques and breakdown support.
The MT should provide technical support to production departments and participate in the measuring, monitoring, and recording of maintenance data including electronic reporting, scheduling and spares control.
The MT should possess a good understanding of current HS&E standards and regulations.
• Perform scheduled preventative maintenance tasks and routines
• Provide breakdown maintenance support.
• Problem solve and diagnose within discipline.
• Follow the quality procedures of the Company where applicable.
• Performing maintenance activities in such way to reduce downtime and improve quality.
• Work to improve current company equipment (up-time, costs) and suggest improvements.
• Complete maintenance logs and reporting systems.
• Maintain spare part stock levels.
• Adhere to company HSE guidelines, work and safety instructions and risk assessments.
• Carry out general maintenance activities within the Company.
• Other reasonable requests as requested by line management
• Familiar with a range of CNC grinding and milling machines
• Familiar with a range of EDM machines.
• Good understanding of Fanuc and Siemens controls.
• Good understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems and controls.
• Ability to understand and interpret electrical/mechanical drawings, schematics, and manuals.
• A working understanding of mechanical systems and equipment.
• Knowledge of site facilities and services, electrical, gas, water, compressed air, drainage
• Ability to communicate with all levels of the business
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team leading when required.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on board training
• Good understanding of HS&E procedures including equipment isolation, lock off, safe working systems, work at height and others.
• Positive attitude to change and acceptance of additional responsibility when required.
• Experience of fast paced manufacturing, engineering production environments.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Knowledge of general building maintenance and regulations
• Excellent prioritisation and planning skills
• Working knowledge of stores environments.
If you feel that you have skills and experience for this role please don’t hesitate to apply today. Call Claire on 01270 629090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.