As Maintenance Manager you will ensure the efficient use of resources to support the on-time delivery to all customers, whilst operating in a safe manner.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Supervising plant maintenance personnel
- Ensuring all technicians are trained, equipped and motivated to ensure maintenance programme is completed
- Ensuring regular communication with technicians (both individually and as a group)
- Carrying out performance reviews
- Maintaining and updating operating and training manuals for the maintenance department
- Participating in objective setting, planning development and performance review of plant performance
- Implementing and maintaining world class housekeeping standards
- Maximising equipment efficiency for output, whilst minimising scrap and waste
- Ensuring delivery of all agreed operating plans
- Monitoring and managing consumable item spend within budget constraints
- Investigating all customer complaints, identifying root cause and tracking actions to ensure no re-occurrence
- Adherence to company SH & E policy
- Ensuring self and team carry out a minimum of two Kaizen events per annum
Key skills and education required:
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a tenacious, resilient and positive approach to managing the team – a can do, and assertive with a high level of determination to succeed is essential.
- Previous experience in planned maintenance, analysis of breakdowns is essential with experience around systems and strategy instrumentation bias.
- Apprenticeship, time served Mechanical or Electrical Technician or degree level equivalent is essential. HNC/HND or equivalent.
- Strong computer literacy (Excel, Cognos, MS Office) along with excellent analytical skills
It’s essential that the successful candidate is able to work under pressure, and to prioritise their workload.
Hours of work: 8.15am – 5.00pm, Monday – Thursday, and 8.15am – 1.00pm, Friday (candidates must have some flexibility to work outside these hours as the team works a shift pattern).
Holidays: 25 days + bank holidays