Working within a busy team your duties as Junior Buyer will include:
• Manage and continuously review the Purchase Order System (MRP), to ensure it is accurate, up to date and consistently meets the requirements of the business.
• To challenge existing and new suppliers to maximise margin and value for the benefit of the business.
• Negotiate orders, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
• Enhance relationships with suppliers and compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation.
• Overseeing the company spend and working with departmental managers to identify any potential cost saving activities.
• Facilitating any tenders and ensuring the company are attracting and engaging with the best possible potential supply chain.
• To rationalise supplier base to develop preferred sources of supply to meet the strategic business needs.
• Propose and implement job related process improvements, participate in cross-functional reviews.
• Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities.
• Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the business.
• Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review potential cost reduction activities.
• To maintain a professional and supportive relationship with suppliers and internal departments to deliver business objectives and deadlines.
• Evaluate and support resolution on material quality, price, supply issues, delivery and invoice discrepancies.
• Keep up to date on new developments that influence procurement practices and procedures.
• This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed in the future depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
• Support ERP development and maintenance.
• Support Company performance reporting.
Key skills and experience required:
• Experience in materials and sourcing management within a design and/or manufacturing environment.
• Strong track record of negotiating procurement / buying terms.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
• Strong planning, organisational, analytical, communication and networking skills are required.
• Numerical and financial acumen.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to build rapport and communicate appropriately at all levels.
Hours of work: Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm
Own transport required due to office location
Experience in a similar role is essential.