Absolute Recruitment are looking for an experienced and passionate Assistant Housekeeper to join their well established client in Nantwich. The ideal candidate will join a small, close-knit team. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to progress their career alongside an ever-growing and ambitious, country house and events business.
The historic property and family home has recently been transformed into a unique events venue with a growing reputation for offering an unprecedented and luxurious experience. Our client hosts approximately 70 events each year, mostly on Fridays and Saturdays, and mostly weddings. They are also open to the public once a week between April and October, and let out the cottages as holiday lets outside of the events.
The ideal candidate will very much become part of family events, meaning that you will be interacting closely with each member of our team as well as the owners, whilst also undertaking an assortment of client facing roles. A friendly and warm disposition along with an understanding that you are there to provide all guests with the very best of services as this is essential.
The housekeeping department are paramount to helping create a clean, luxurious and orderly environment for family and guests alike. Tight turnarounds between guests and events require you to be very well organised, efficient and have an ability to adapt and work well under pressure. You will also need to display high energy and commitment to acute attention to detail.
· Report to the House Manager, follow schedules, guidelines and tasks as per instruction.
· Cleaning: be adept in the art of housekeeping tasks, as well as looking after antiques and art within the house following guidelines and checklists.
· Laundry: all the laundry is done in house using state of the art industrial Miele machines.
· Accommodation: turning the Hall bedrooms and Cottages around after guests have stayed in the accommodation. Including checking inventories and reporting damages per bedroom. Turn arounds must combine speed and efficiency with a huge attention to detail.
· Events: Maintaining interior housekeeping during an event and adapting to the needs of the guests. Turn down service and tidying repeatedly throughout the day, as well as being responsible for guest bedroom and general area care.
· Dinners: Occasionally you will be required to work a later shift to assist with dinners.
· Guests: Nothing is too much for our guests and making them feel welcome is paramount.
· Lost Property: Ensuring lost property is kept safely, recorded and reported to management.
· Stock levels and inventories: Assist with stock level checks of all consumables and products, as well as inventories throughout the properties.
· Tidiness: Keeping storage areas organised and orderly.
· Equipment: Maintain equipment.
Skills and Requirements:
· Minimum two years’ experience as a housekeeper in a high standard establishment (essential)
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, whilst maintaining a high level of performance
· Initiative and time management skills, as well as reliability
· A “can do” attitude and ability to adapt to change as the business grows and your role develops
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to multi-task and take on a number of duties
· Working quickly without compromising quality
· Knowledge of English language
· The estate is a private family home and event venue, situated outside Nantwich and a 15-minute drive away from Crewe Train Station
· Day shift including Weekdays, Saturdays and some Sundays: working days and hours to be confirmed in advance via a monthly rota
· Days and hours are subject to change dependent on events
· 14 days holiday (including bank holidays)
· You will be required to work on most event days. Weddings tend to take place twice a week, on a Friday and Saturday.
· This role is multi-faceted and no one day will be the same. You will be expected to perform a range of duties within both business and family environments.
Please call Millie for further information.
Share this Job