Absolute Recruitment are recruiting for HGV Class 1 drivers for an established storage and distribution company based in Wardle, Nantwich.
Our client employs 600 people and works with many of the UK’s major food industry brands to provide ambient storage and distribution services. They also provide a range of specialist services including consolidation, e-commerce and contract packing.
Operating from their base in Wardle, near Nantwich, they operate a fleet of 120 vehicles and 250 trailers and offer 1.2milllion square feet of warehousing space.
They have recently acquired the new models of the Volvo FH 13-litre 460bhp Euro 6. Driver comfort and safety were high on the agenda for the design of the upgraded model. On-the-road driver benefits include a 33-litre under-bunk fridge, a microwave fitted in overhead locker and a flat-screen TV, to be located above the driver door which can be viewed from a swivel passenger seat.
The responsibilities of the role include:
• To ensure safe and prompt delivery of goods across the UK, carrying out multi-drop deliveries.
• Comply with truck driving rules and regulations as well as Company policies and procedures.
• Manoeuvring trucks into loading or unloading positions.
• Making sure loads are safely secured.
• Handle Customer issues on delivery effectively with a smile and a high level of customer service.
• Looking after the vehicle and ensuring that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage.
• Maintaining the cleanliness of the cab at all times.
• Provide support in the yard as and when required.
• A full Class 1 Drivers’ licence.
• A CPC and Digi Tachograph card.
• Relevant experience working in a similar role (preferable 2 years’ experience in driving a Class 1
• The ability to use own initiative.
• Excellent attention to detail.
Shifts: Tramping – 4 on 4 off pattern on days with start times between 03:00-05:00.
Salary: £14:00 per hour
Please contact Dale on 01270 509266 for more information.
Share this Job