||Group HSSE Manager
||Irlam, Greater Manchester
|| £45,000-£50,000 DEP ON EXP
|Type of contract
||Due to retirement my client is recruiting for a Group HSSE Manager to join their team.
Reporting directly to the Group Operations Director, the Group HSSE Manager will be responsible for leading positive, safe working culture through effective management of systems, procedures, activities and the group workforce. The Group HSSE Manager will play a major role in ensuring the Group is not exposed to the risk of HSSE incident, complaint or prosecution and continue to maintain accreditations to the ISO standards.
The Group HSSE Manager will be required to travel within the region and overseas when required.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Key skills and experience required:
- Providing health and safety experience to all areas
- Playing a lead role in developing, influencing and promoting a positive HSSE culture
- Driving forward corporate and local safety requirements and best practice methods, developing and delivering training as necessary
- Assisting in the preparation of HSSE strategies
- Managing the investigation into incidents/accidents
- Keeping up to date with current legislation
- Mentoring and training H&S team members
Candidates must have a full driving licence (ideally clean) as there is regular travel between sites.
Hours of work: 35 hours, Monday – Friday
Holidays: 25 days + bank holidays
Life assurance/critical illness, PHI insurance
Private medical insurance
- NEBOSH qualified
- Strong experience within H&S Advisory/Management roles
- Experience in chemical or related industry
- Enthusiastic with a passion to drive a positive H&S culture
- Proven interpersonal skillset to engage, inspire, motivate, lead, support and mentor
- REACH technical experience is essential
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Sound judgement with the ability to analyse situations
- Flexible and willing to go the extra mile