Finance Manager Role
My client in Newcastle-Under-Lyme is looking for an ACCA or CIMA qualified Finance Manager to join their growing business that operates in a niche market.
The role is a Permanent and full-time position, working hours Monday to Friday 8.45am – 5.45pm and will report directly to the Managing Director.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate who has been doing the same role, with the same responsibilities for a smaller business but equally candidates with equivalent experience looking for a new opportunity will be welcomed and rewarded accordingly.
The role will be ultimately responsible for the start to end process of the accounts. Currently it will be a one-person department.
The role involves:
- Day to day bookkeeping and processing invoices.
- Handling all supplier payments in a timely fashion through online banking and BACS.
- Handle all payroll matters by working with a third-party payroll provider.
- Manage all company secretarial matters ensuring that records are kept up to date and all filings are submitted on time.
- Manage all Tax and VAT affairs including quarterly returns.
- Familiarity with PSA submissions relating to PAYE.
- Handle all monthly management account reports. Producing accurate reports in a timely fashion, including balance sheet and cash flow.
- Ensure finance records are all accurate and reconciled.
- Identify ways in which the company can reduce its costs.
- Ensuring the business meets all compliance and statutory requirements.
- Prepare the company for the annual audit process.
- Managing budgets and assisting in the preparation of annual forecasts & budgets and monitoring progress throughout the year.
- Liaise with US accountants in relation to our US subsidiary.
- Keep up to date with financial and regulatory legislation.
- Ability and willingness to handle all work individually as this is a one-person department to start with.
Key Skills, Attributes, and Qualifications
- ACCA / CIMA qualified or close to qualification.
- Impeccable sense of integrity.
- High degree of accuracy.
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- Self-starter and able to work without supervision.
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills.
- Creative in looking for new business opportunities.
- Thoroughly flexible while having the ability to observe strict and sometimes demanding deadlines.
- Friendly and outgoing character, able to fit in with and adapt to the working environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fully qualified with three years of work experience minimum in a responsible position.
If you feel that you have the experience and skills for this role please don’t hesitate to apply today.
To discuss the role further or your role requirements please call Claire on 01270 629090 or email email@example.com