As Customer Account Manager, you will be responsible for managing a group of assigned blue chip accounts. Acting as the primary interface between the customer and internal stakeholders, providing product/services information and resolving any emerging problems that customers might face with quality and on-time-delivery, your goal as the Voice of the Customer onsite is to ensure consistent service standards and high customer satisfaction which in turn will lead to growth opportunities.
Primary Job Role
- To build and maintain professional and effective relationships with customers both internally and externally, and carry out internal activities as part of the support team.
- Participate in daily production meetings, report out concerns and work with other departments to resolve actions as required.
- Ensure that Operations Department outputs are aligned with customer order expectations.
- Run daily/ weekly status reports to customers as requested.
- Close cross-functional working with production control, manufacturing and engineering.
- Meet customer expectations, particularly in terms of quality and timeliness in line with internal standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Administer all Customer Purchase Order submissions through cross-functional reviews and acceptance on a variety of Customer Portals.
- Present a professional Company and brand image to customers and colleagues at all times.
- Keep accurate records of customer interactions and follow-up open actions.
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication.
- Working with the dispatch team where required to arrange shipments.
- Have strong interpersonal and good communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Have a confident disposition with the ability to communicate and build effective relationships at all levels internally and externally.
- Possess excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Must be able to work as part of a team, but also be able to work using your own initiative under pressure.
- A self-motivated approach and a proactive attitude.
- Have the tact and ability to deal with difficult situations.
- Interpersonal effectiveness – Ability to build constructive and effective relationships at all levels, use diplomacy and tact.
- Communication skills – Enjoy working with people, networking and engaging customers, ability to tailor communication style to the audience.
- Negotiation skills – Ability to convince and influence people, ability to translate customer requirements into value proposition
- Active listening skills – Ask questions to identify client’s needs or expectations; takes time to question and understand the real, underlying needs of clients.
- Business acumen – Strong knowledge of a market, customers, and competition. Understanding of the sales and order process, financial flows of an organisation.
- Customer-oriented – Ability to take things from the customer perspective, identify clients’ needs and match them to appropriate solutions.
- Organisational skills – Ability to multi-task and prioritise daily workload. Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Perseverance – Pursue everything with energy, drive and a need to finish, even in the face of resistance or setbacks. Proactive attitude and ability to act on own initiative.
Education and Experience
- An associate degree is desirable, but equivalent weight will be given to appropriate experience managing accounts for blue chip customers.
- Experience in an Account Management environment, preferably in a manufacturing industry.
- Experience working in a technically and technologically challenging B2B environment with long sales cycle required.
- Experience of a planning environment would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices.