Working within a busy and fast moving accounts team, the key responsibilities for the Credit Controller are:
- Manage aged debt and outstanding balances for allocated customer accounts
- Chase outstanding payments
- Maintain database including documented updates
- Ensure regular contact with sales team and customers to proactively reduce aged debt
- Produce and maintain accurate aged debt list
- Accurate management of CCJ and bad debt actions in conjunction with the sales teams
- Encourage customers to pay by direct debit
- Liaise with Customer service team to manage queries
- Provide cover as required for colleagues
- To assist and support field staff
Key Skills and Experience:
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications , particularly Excel
- Experience of working with a large number of accounts
- Experience of dealing with month end procedures and reporting
- Oracle experience preferred but not essential
- Consistent delivery of high quality, accurate work
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good organisational skills and proactive approach
- Positive attitude to change and demonstrate desire to learn new things and be involved in new tasks/activities/projects.
- Able to adapt to challenging workload, prioritise tasks and be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, confident telephone manner.
- Able to work as part of a team with shared workloads with drive to work on own initiative.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and manage multiple tasks
Hours of work: Office Hours, Mon – Fri
If you feel that you have the skills and experience for this role, please don’t hesitate to apply for the role today. Alternatively call Claire on 01270 629090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.