We’re looking for a highly skilled CNC Machinist with an engineering background to join the team at a well-established, materials science company in Cheshire.
The company has been in business for 110 years and the site we’re recruiting for has been operational for 35 years.
With manufacturing, sales, and research facilities around the world, they serve a wide variety of essential industries by creating new materials and technologies to meet their customers’ most demanding component needs and challenges. Their success is achieved by closely collaborating with their customers through component design to material selection to the most efficient manufacturing process to achieve their customers’ business goals. Today the company is led by the fifth generation of the founding family members. The company has thrived under its generational leadership which has taken them from porcelain labware to highly advanced ceramic materials.
The company has recently received accreditation for being a great place to work.
This job has come about because of continued company growth through 2022.
Skilled CNC machinists are invited to apply for this role as the client has identified the need to increase the skilled staff within the production teams on site. They are currently recruiting for CNC Turners and CNC Grinders.
Main responsibilities are:
• Perform CNC machinery set-up function by downloading preset CNC programs; make minor adjustments to CNC programs to direct sequence of machine operation
• Operate CNC manufacturing equipment to produce acceptable products per work instructions
• Inspect parts for defects as part of in-process inspection; record results and notify the appropriate person of deviation when needed
• Perform basic machine adjustments such as off-sets or setting tapers and basic preventative maintenance such as changing coolants, filters, etc.
• Stack and transport product via hand-truck, pallet jack, forklift, crane, or hoist
• Clean work area, machines, tools and equipment
• Wear required personal protective equipment at all times in areas where mandatory
Key attributes are:
• Ability to understand and act on verbal and written instructions
• Intermediate math (algebra, geometry) and computer skills
• Ability to learn, understand and utilize CAD/CAM programs and G and M codes
• Ability to understand and use Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
• Must exhibit attention to detail as well as excellent listening skills
• Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds
This is a permanent position (subject to completion of a three month trial)
The salary on offer is between £29,445 to £37,689 per annum, depending on experience. The company is happy to negotiate on this.
Your working hours will be 3pm – 1am Monday to Thursday.
Sound like something you’d be interested in? Give Dale at Absolute Recruitment a call on 01270 509 266today or email [email protected]
Share this Job