Absolute Health and Care are recruiting Children’s Residential Support Workers in the Crewe area.
Our Client is looking for staff to work permanently in the service. You will be working in a team of professionals supporting looked after children who need help and assistance to undertake daily living tasks.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:-
- To assist and develop the skills and attitudes of young people in your care whilst promoting a positive approach and caring nature when undertaking all tasks with them
- Ensuring safeguarding measures in place are adhered to at all times, keep all paperwork and care plans updated.
- Ensure you are working closely with professionals to co-operate across teams such as social work, specialists and other
- Encourage and develop the interests and attitudes of individuals whilst assisting them to develop skills interests and attitudes
- Promote the development of a healthy lifestyle and provide consistent boundaries whilst encouraging engagement in social activities and platforms to form positive and healthy relationships with peers
- Encourage young people to develop their full potential and vocational attainment
- To organise and participate in peer and group activities to include holidays
- To undertake planning for and preparation of young people for admission or discharge into the service and residential care ensuring the individuals needs are met and they are transferring to a stable environment where they can cope or be assisted to cope.
- To actively engage with all professionals in the team ensuring you are working in a responsible way, maintaining accurate records, engaging with appropriate outside agencies, supporting senior member of staff and team adequately to ensure the children’s needs are met.
To undertake this role you must be willing to work on a rolling rota which will be over 7 days. You will complete x2 24 hour shifts starting at 8am working through until 11pm and sleep then starting again at 8am the following day completing the same pattern. You will then take 4 days rest period. Applicants must follow this rota pattern. Sleep in shifts receive a sleep payment additional to hourly wage.
Applicants with experience desirable but applicants who have worked in other care environments or have transferable skills will be considered.
This is a fantastic role where no two days are the same, workers will have a real opportunity to help support guide and shape the individuals experience of being in care and hopefully make it a positive one.
If you would like to discuss this or other opportunities we have available please do not hesitate to contact the office today.